Steph grew up in the small town of Dossobuono, Italy. As a child she played various sports (soccer, volleyball, hip-hop, etc.), but never found something she was extremely passionate about.
Being a dual-citizen, over the course of her life she traveled back and forth between the US and Europe, including living in California for her senior year of high school. During that year she experienced significant weight gain, which led to her exploring the health and fitness field. She soon started to realize that she was very passionate about training and nutrition, and decided to pursue a degree in it.
In 2011 she started her undergraduate career at Concordia College, in Moorhead, MN. During those 4 years she learned a lot about herself and others, which further solidified her desire to use strength training as a tool to help people live healthier, happier, and more fulfilling lives.
In 2015 she graduated from Concordia College with a Bachelor of Arts in Food/Nutrition/Dietetics and Exercise Science. Upon graduating she applied to do an internship with us and after completing it was hired on as a coach.
A few words from Steph:
“When I think back to my struggles and triumphs I now see all of this as an incredible learning opportunity. I see challenges as an opportunity to grow and learn. I see struggling and failing as me paying my dues so that I can better lead others.
My purpose is to serve others, to be the person for other people that I needed during those moments of struggle. I want to be your voice of reason that says, “Yes, you screwed up; but you are NOT a screw up.” I want to be able to remind you of the great power that lies in taking daily action.
I want to show you that your potential is so much bigger than you ever could have imagined! That your body’s outward appearance is nothing compared to the amazing things it can do. That your athleticism matters more than your aestheticism.
My purpose in life is to help you live healthier and happier lives, by figuring out how to do that my self first. I will gladly get scratched up and fall face down on an unbeaten path, so that those who come after me can have a clearer view. I relish being in the arena, having my face marred by dirt, putting in the work, and failing forward. And if you’ll allow me, I hope I can show you how to do the same!”
A few “fun facts” about Steph:
- She grew up in: Dossobuono, Italy. This small town is in the suburbs of Verona, yes, where Romeo and Giuliet lived.
- She has lived in: Dossobuono, Italy; Menlo Park, California; Moorhead, Minnesota; and currently in Denver, Colorado.
- She’s traveled to: Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Romania, Croatia, Spain, Czech Republic, England, Malta, and different states in the USA.
- Favorite color: when she was a child she was OBSESSED with purple. Everything from her clothes, to stuffed animals, to bed sheets, and the walls in her bedroom was different shades of purple. Now it varies depending on the season and her mood.
- Favorite authors: Elizabeth Gilbert, Cheryl Strayed, and Brene’ Brown. Holla at #empowering people!
- Favorite food: her nonna’s pasticcio, which, literally translated, means “a mess”. A delicious one.
- A few of my favorite movies/films: Goodwill Hunting, Dead Poet’s Society, Mrs. Doubtfire, Missrepresentation, The Mask You Live In.
To read a more comprehensive (and long) story behind her own experiences with body image issues please follow this link à